Note: This blog is 100% my opinion and does not represent any commentary from any actor, movie, or studio. I also do own the rights to any image I put on here. It is merely for fun.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Top 10 Lines of the Fast and Furious Franchise

 
For those of you who don't know, the production of Fast Six is well under way. I am privileged to see photos from the set everyday by following both Vin Diesel and The Rock on Facebook. And if you don't follow either actor, you should start immediately. Although I'm not a gearhead myself, I'm a HUGE fan of the franchise and although they may not be the best movies made, they are some of the most quotable. Fast Six comes out next May, but until then, here is a list of the best quotes in the series. 

10. "I don't feel like I'm under arrest. How about you Brian?" -Dominic Toretto
       "No, not even a little bit." -Brian O'Conner
        -Fast Five, A defiant albeit hilarious response to The Rock's feeble arrest attempt

9. "Only my homeboys call me Rome" -Roman Pearce
     -2 Fast 2 Furious, Another hilarious reply as Tyrese show's his anger at Brian years after his betrayal

8. "You know, this ain't no ten-second race." -Shawn
    "I've got nothin' but time." -Dom
    -The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, Even with a 30 second cameo, Dom steals the scene in this lackluster movie

7.  "I said only pussies run nitromethane" -Dom
      -Fast and Furious,  Dominic's attempt at verbally flexing his muscle against another driver

6..  "Stay the fuck out of my way" -Agent Luke Hobbs
      -Fast Five, The Rock showing his toughness in his first scene of the series

5. "I never narc'd on nobody. I never narc'd on nobody."- Dom
     -The Fast and Furious, Double-negatives aside, here we see Vin's passion comes into play as he screams this line while simultaneously beating Johnny Tran's face

4. "Pockets ain't empty, cuz" -Brian
     -2 Fast 2 Furious, A hilarious line after stealing money from the drug lord Brian helped set up. I'm not sure why, but 2 Fast 2 Furious went in a very "Bro" route, using the word bro or cuz in almost every line. If you get a chance watch "2 Fast 2 Furious in 60 seconds" on youtube. Hilarious

3. "Nice car. What's the retail on one of those things?" -Brian
    "More than you can afford, pal, Ferrari!" -Ferrari driver
    "Smoke 'em" -Dom
   -The Fast and Furious, Another hilarious interaction preceding one of the better race scenes in the movie

2. "You almost had me? You never had, you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me? Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried. Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning"
    -The Fast and Furious, A beautifully done monologue by Vin

1. "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less...I'm free" -Dom
-The Fast and Furious, the emotional crux of the first movie and possibly the most memorable line of the entire Franchise

You can honestly write a book about all the amazing lines of this series . It was hard to narrow it down to just ten. I writing is classic and the actors enhance what  otherwise could have been dull lines. I can't wait for Fast Six and hope they make a Fast Seven.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment